Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Starting My Own Company

The idea of starting my own company has never crossed my mind. Based on the VC Cliche of the Week, I will do a self diagnosis to decipher whether or not I'd make a good entrepeneur. The first quality is that an entrepeneur is usually the brightest person in the room. Although I have always kept my grades high and have had motivation to do well in school, I have never felt like the smartest person in the classroom environment. There is always that one person who seems to know everything about everything. Secondly, the entrepeneur is compelling, engaging, and has a social personality. I feel that I can fall into this category. I love to meet people and offer my opinions, while at the same time hearing the ideas of others. Next, a hunger for the payday. I feel that money is the ultimate motivator when it comes to the workplace. Without a salary or wage, I would have neither enthusiasm nor motivation to do the best job possible. I will combine four more topics into the next category: an insatiable passion for creating things, an expertise in the product, ability to mediate between the product and the development team, and a flair for marketing. In all fairness, I feel that these topics push me away from becoming an entrepeneur. I have never had a knack for making things. I have always been more of a mathematical minded person. Overall, I do not feel that I would make the best entrepeneur. I would rather work under someone and gain an expertise in a profession and slowly build my way up on the company.

To check out the VC Cliche of the Week, visit this page:
http://avc.blogs.com/a_vc/2006/04/vc_clich_of_the_1.html

No comments: